Subject: Re: Advanced Texture Mapp
From: [email-masked] (Gonzalo Garramuno)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 13:59:29 -0800

At 7:19 AM on 30 Jan 96, Paul Davies said:

PD> >  So if we really want to go for that ultimate texture mapping
PD> technique,
PD> >we should somehow use a flattened model of our 3d model..hmm..how could
PD> >one go about doing this in Lw if the model had already been made in 3d
PD> >form?

PD> There's no easy way in LW unfortunately. You just have to plan ahead.
PD> Keep mapping in mind when you model and keep your fingers crossed for
PD> the addition of uv mapping in LW.

First, of course, we need LW to actually RENDER spline objects, since UV
mapping works only on them.  Both suggestions have been in my suggestion
list for over a year now.

OR... we could try to wait for a 3D Paint Software which allows sphere
mapping of an image for LW.

Gonzalo Garramuno
[email-masked]
Buenos Aires, Argentina